Friday, March 23, 2012

marathon

It's late. Clearly I didn't get around to writing early today. My plan was to write when we got back the room after pool time, but then I got talked into going for a walk with my mom and sis. I figured it would be a good idea... And at least allow me to eat more at dinner guilt free.

So off we went. For those of you who don't know my mom and sister, they are total work-out-aholics. I should have known what I was getting myself into. Halfway through the walk I was tired, it was incredibly hot, and I basically wanted to die. But we were far, far away from the hotel, and the only way to get back was to trudge on. So I trudged all the way back.

I have to admit, some days that's how i feel about writing. I made this commitment to walk this path all the way through Lent, but sometimes I get tired. I just want to stop and sit down, take a rest. Or really, call a cab and have them drive me to the finish line.

But the only way to get there is to trudge forward. Life often feels like that, doesn't it? But I'm here to tell you: you can do it! I'm cheering you on, as long as you cheer for me in return. I apologize for the uninspiring short posts lately. I've basically been sitting and resting for a bit, but sometimes you have to do that if you're going to make it to the end. At least that's what I tell myself. If you feel like you need a rest from life too... Take it. It's ok, really. Just don't quit, k? I promise I won't either. And when we all finally reach the finish line, there will be lots to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment