Saturday, March 10, 2012

He's got the whole world in his hands

Hello friends. I am currently writing this in the car on the way to dinner. Ah, technology, and thank you, iPad. That being said, there are bound to be some mistakes that show up in this post - I ask for your forgiveness in advance. Thanks.

Last night I went with the hub, a friend, and a few teens to the Rock and Worship Roadshow. It's a big Christian concert that travels the country and this is the first year that they came to San Diego. The cool thing about it is that the tickets are only 10 bucks - cheaper then my lunch yesterday. There were like 8 different bands that performed, so it was a pretty slammin deal.

That being said, I was totally and completely dreading going. The attendance from the teens was next to nothing, it was Friday night, and I just wasn't all that interested, to be completely honest. The hub coerced me into going - and now, here on the mighty Internet, I have to say that he was right. I hate doing that. But there it is. Babe, thanks for making me go, it was a great show. (I hope I never have to do that again on the world wide web.)

One of the best parts about the show was the variety of bands and fans in attendance. Just in the seats next to us, there were teens, kids, moms, dads, and grandmas! And some of those moms were getting downnnn, if you know what I mean. The bands ranged from rock to punk to rap to irish to metal. You should have seen the cute grandma during the metal group's performance.. Fingers in her ears to try and block the screaming. It was intense. I think my ears began to bleed a little.

Despite the ear bleeding, it was so great to see the diversity in the arena, and it was a true representation of the Kingdom of God. He doesn't care how old we are, what we like look, how well we can sing, how many tattoos we have, or what kind of music we like - He loves us all the same. Each and every one of us.

The truly amazing thing is that he doesn't even care what we've done! And all of us have sinned... All of us. Don't think you haven't, or that your sins are better or worse than anyone else's. We are all imperfect, but yet, we are all unconditionally loved by the same God. He doesn't care where we've been, he just hopes that where we're going is toward Him. He longs for us, and longs to give us eternal life.

If you've ever felt like you're not close to God, or not good enough, or you don't understand, or are too damaged or broken, please remember that He loves you as much as He loved his only son, which is why he sent him to the cross to die for your sins. And He wants to welcome you into his kingdom. All are welcome! Find peace and rest in Him.

I hope that you are having a beautiful weekend and that you remember that you are loved. I love you and I love the fact that you make me feel loved by reading my crazy rants. And I know I'm gonna get some extra love from the hub when he reads my admission that he was right. As much as it pains me....

1 comment:

  1. "The hub coerced me into going - and now, here on the mighty Internet, I have to say that he was right. I hate doing that. But there it is. Babe, thanks for making me go, it was a great show. (I hope I never have to do that again on the world wide web.)"

    A girl can dream...

    ReplyDelete